Sunday, September 16, 2012

I should be doing something else...

Right now i should be writing trivia questions for Tuesday.  I should be looking up factoids and turning them into questions.  I should be getting ready for bed because i want to be at work at 6 a.m. tomorrow.  Instead, i am obsessively reviewing football statistics for my fantasy football team, and watching my son destroy my living room.  I should be trying to get ahead so i don't have too much to do tomorrow night, but instead, I am just sitting here, unmotivated.  Really what it comes down to, is that I have been writing my own trivia questions for so long that i am starting to repeat myself.  Of course, if i wanted to write really hard questions, i could have two full weeks of games.  Wait, let me back up a little bit.  
I host a pub trivia night at the restaurant for which I used to work.  It has three rounds with, 24 questions per round, tie breaker questions, final questions, and a musical bonus round.  I try to stay within a certain range of difficulty (somewhere in the vicinity of "a little harder than average").  Without realizing it, i may have painted myself into a corner.  I am running out of average level trivia ideas, and i do not want to start repeating myself.  It seems i have 2 choices: Start upping the difficulty, or start rehashing old questions.  I don't see an advantage to either, and i think that both has some serious downsides.  I could start paying for questions for various websites, but that also has problems: I have no control over what the questions would be about, and  i have no control over the quality (by that i mean, they might send me a question that could be interesting, but worded terribly i.e. What is a planet?)
I will continue to try and write new questions, but as the weeks continue, i foresee me having to reuse some old categories/questions.  I will also have to increase the difficulty level if i want to keep things fresh.  This sucks.  You know what could make this a little easier to deal with?  If 49ers TE Vernon Davis caught 2 more TD passes tonight.  At least that would be one less thing for me to worry about.
-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment