Thursday, November 15, 2012

Video games and head colds ruin my life

Over these last few weeks, three of the most highly anticipated games of this year came out. Assassins Creed III, Halo 4, and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 were released one week apart from each other starting three weeks ago. Needless to say, my video game playing has been at a high this month, and it is probably more than I have played all year.

These games are very, very good. And at the same time, they are very, very bad. Combine all the video gaming with my normal load of work, cleaning the house, playing with my son and writing and my schedule gets really full, really fast. I have not sacrificed any of my other time spent to make up for the gaming I have been doing, and that adds up to one thing: very tired Jeff. Even more so than regular wiped out dad Jeff.

That speaks volumes for how good those games are (or how badly I am addicted to video games). I can handle being tired. I complain a lot, but in I
still get my shit done. What I can't handle are goddamn head colds. I hate feeling stuffy and congested when I wake up in the morning. I hate sitting at my desk trying not to sneeze and stab myself with a screwdriver (not as random as it sounds. I work in a repair shop).

So, now I have my yearly winter head cold. I am super psyched that it has now become a tradition in the winter months for my face to rebel against me and fill itself up with god knows what until I can't breathe. The only thing good about it is that (hopefully) I will get it out of the way early and it won't come back until next summer.

To sum up: really good video games have made me sleepier than normal, and now I have a head cold that is making it hard for me to relax because I can't breathe. FML. What i need is a good long weekend to recover. Maybe I can take some time to finish of a few pieces that I started writing a while ago... but then again, Black Ops 2 multiplayer waits for no man.

No comments:

Post a Comment